REALIS Christian Counseling Center
Welcome to REALIS Christian Counseling Center!
REALIS Christian Counseling Center is an interdenominational, biblically rooted counseling center in Kiev, Ukraine. We believe in the absolute authority of the Bible in all matters of faith and conduct, providing a trustworthy foundation to find solutions to life's issues and problems.
The Counseling Center was created in 2004 as a place to do internships while the REALIS Counseling Program was running. This was a 3-year educational program built on the standards of MA counseling programs in US seminaries. This level of education is unique in Ukraine and countries of the former Soviet Union.
Both the academic part and the supervised internships were based on the programs at Reformed Theological Seminary (Orlando, FL), Alliance Theological Seminary (Nyack, NY), and Denver Theological Seminary (Denver, CO). All the professors were from these seminaries.
The most promising graduates of the program were invited to stay at REALIS Christian Counseling Center after graduation. Currently, they all counsel individually and some of them counsel groups. We also have clinical meetings for our counselors so that they can be more effective and supervisions with an experienced counselor, who has an MA in counseling from Reformed Theological Seminary.
From the day REALIS Christian Center opened its doors, hundreds of people were able to receive help. Many clients from the guided support groups ask for individual counseling as well. Counseling, both Christian and secular, is extremely underdeveloped in Ukraine, and, in some ways, we are pioneers in this field. One statistic that we are especially excited about is that 80% of our new clients heard about us from previous clients.
Our Center offers:
- individual counseling
- marriage and family counseling
- premarital counseling
- group counseling
We also offer educational counseling groups comprising 7-10 people:
- groups for personal growth and inner healing
- different guided support groups:
- abuse in the family
- post-abortion trauma
- sexual abuse recovery
- child raising
- depression, and others
The spectrum of issues we deal with is very wide:
- Sexual, physical and spiritual abuse
- Childhood traumas and deprivations
- Post-abortion trauma
- Sexual orientation
- Sexual, chemical and other types of dependence
- Eating disorders
- Marital problems
- Child-raising problems
- Anger management, and others
At REALIS Counseling Center:
- Counseling sessions are 50-minutes in length (groups are 2 – 2.5 hours).
- The Center is open 7 days a week.
- Sessions are held in a comfortable office.
- Everything that is said during the sessions remains confidential.
- If necessary, we can refer clients to a psychiatrist.
It takes an average of 15-20 sessions for a woman who is being physically abused at home to realize what is happening. She starts calling things by their name. She recognizes her poor choices and learns to react differently to her husband. She becomes capable of making healthy decisions.
It takes 16 group meetings for a woman to understand what sexual abuse is and name it in her life. She realizes the effects of it in her heart and relationships with others. She is able to visualize a picture of healing and knows what to do with the effects of abuse. She learns to forgive her abuser and repent of sinful choices that were reactions to the abuse.
The REALIS Counseling Team:
- Lena Droshchenko – supervisor, MA in Counseling (Reformed Theological Seminary, Orlando)
- Anya Bondarchuk – counselor, graduated from REALIS Counseling Program. Individual and Group counseling
- Ira Zbrodskya – counselor, graduated from REALIS Counseling Program, individual counseling
- Lena Svechnikova - counselor, graduated from REALIS Counseling Program, individual, family and group counseling
- Vika Andrushchenko - counselor, graduated from REALIS Counseling Program, individual counseling
- Nadya Skripak - counselor, graduated from REALIS Counseling Program, individual counseling