We have 86 guests and no members online
- Category: About Christian Counseling Center
- Hits: 9282
Our Center offers:
- individual counseling
- marriage and family counseling
- premarital counseling
- group counseling
We also offer educational counseling groups comprising 7-10 people:
- groups for personal growth and inner healing
- different guided support groups:
- abuse in the family
- post-abortion trauma
- sexual abuse recovery
- child raising
- depression, and others
The spectrum of issues we deal with is very wide:
- Sexual, physical and spiritual abuse
- Childhood traumas and deprivations
- Post-abortion trauma
- Sexual orientation
- Sexual, chemical and other types of dependence
- Eating disorders
- Marital problems
- Child-raising problems
- Anger management, and others
At REALIS Counseling Center:
- Counseling sessions are 50-minutes in length (groups are 2 – 2.5 hours).
- The Center is open 7 days a week.
- Sessions are held in a comfortable office.
- Everything that is said during the sessions remains confidential.
- If necessary, we can refer clients to a psychiatrist.
It takes an average of 15-20 sessions for a woman who is being physically abused at home to realize what is happening. She starts calling things by their name. She recognizes her poor choices and learns to react differently to her husband. She becomes capable of making healthy decisions.
It takes 16 group meetings for a woman to understand what sexual abuse is and name it in her life. She realizes the effects of it in her heart and relationships with others. She is able to visualize a picture of healing and knows what to do with the effects of abuse. She learns to forgive her abuser and repent of sinful choices that were reactions to the abuse.